Sunday, April 12, 2015

Phoenix - FInal Thoughts

I am very slow about getting this written.  Upon returning home, life was just a whirlwind and I didn't get caught up until last Friday.  I almost jumped for joy.

There were good and bad things about Phoenix.  One of the bad was being gone from my husband way too long. We are so silly about that but that's the way we are.  I am certain this is not a bad thing. If I ever do another girlfriend trip, I think probably the maximum time to be gone would be 5 nights. That would be perfect.  The other bad thing is that I believe that this will be the last time the four bridge groupies (my children's term) will get together.  At the same time, it has been a great 38 years of playing bridge but more importantly having them as my friends.  I hope to see all of them in the future and would love to have them drop by or meet for coffee or ice cream on their travels between their homes and Kansas City.

Phoenix is a big, big city.  I guess I didn't realize the size of the city.  There was travel time getting from one location to another.  I just hadn't given that thought in advance.  Would I give up any of those trips. No.  I saw some very wonderful things.  I loved Sedona and want to go back with my husband.  In its way it reminded me of Breckenridge, Colorado.  Also, Sedona is just a couple of hours from the Grand Canyon.  One of those places I would love to check off my bucket list.  Guess I need to start planning a trip to that location.

I also enjoyed seeing all the flowering cacti and trees. Who knew the desert was going to be so bright. The cacti on the mountainsides were huge.  Just beyond my imagination even though I had seen them in photos.  Just not the same as when you see them with your own eyes.  Another highlight was the MIM, Musical Instrument Museum.  I didn't even know that such a place existed.  It was so well done.  Not only did I enjoy the instruments, the videos to accompany the exhibits were outstanding.

We ate at some great places.  I have two favorite meals.  Rene's Bistro in Sedona and the meal that was made by our friend in her home.  I did not know she was such a good cook.  Those chicken thighs were wonderful.

This trip had lots of good memories.  I am glad that I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment