Thursday, June 13, 2013

Preparing for first trip

We will be leaving on our first road trip on June 24.  Heading to Frisco, Colorado.  This is a family affair as our entire family will be there.  Children, their spouses, and their children.  My sister and husband will be joining us there.

To get prepared for this trip and the trips to come, we purchased a new sports car.  A 2013 Nissan 370Z Touring.  Just two seats so nobody will be able to ride with us.  I am a little unsure about this feature but I do believe it will work without issues.  We actually took our two small suitcases to the Nissan dealer to see if they would fit.  Thank goodness, they did.  I then decided I wanted to take a small cooler with some frozen meat I had prepared for this trip.  Well, guess what?  The small cooler we own was too big.  Hit WalMart.  Sure enough Coleman makes a very small cloth cooler.  Perfect size to fit behind my seat.  It then dawned on my husband that he needed to bring along a few items to keep the vehicle sparkling.  Can't let those bugs stay on the front for any period of time.  We purchased the exact cooler for him to store his car paraphernalia.  Actually, because it is waterproof should one of his items spill it will only ruin the bag and not the car.  This car was a checkoff of my husband's bucket list.

Happy trails.