Sunday, June 30, 2013

Frisco Last Day

Today it was decided we would go out for breakfast.  A favorite Frisco eatery is the Butterhorn Bakery.  My husband and I have been stopping here for many years on trips to Frisco.  We would get up early and walk to Main Street and grab a coffee and roll to share while others were still in bed.  However, this is the first time we have actually sat down to eat.  I indulged in a sticky bun which I am sure had over 1,000 calories.  Not good for one who has been counting calories for years.  Oh well, what are vacations for.


It was a lazy morning with families beginning to get organized for the trip home.  For the second time we ate lunch at the house.  We did have some lunch food plus trying to get rid of all the left overs before heading out in the morning.

We then headed over to Copper Mountain to ride American Eagle ski lift to the top of the mountain.  Then were taking a very short hike on Hallelujah trail before taking the lift back down the mountain.  My family was so afraid that I was going to fall over rocks that my son got right behind me.  I think he felt like he would break my fall.  If I had fallen, I am sure he would have gone right down with me.  It was nice to feel concern from the family although they must think I am really uncoordinated.  After 1/8 of a mile up the mountain, we heard thunder.  We turned around and scurried back to the lift to head back down.  





We returned to the house for the final meal.  We ordered carry out from Backcountry Brewpub and Pizzeria.  Food was well packed and easy to distribute appropriately not to mention quite tasty.  We took one last stroll to nearby Walter Bryon Park.  Then it was back to the house to pack vehicles for the trip home.





We had another great trip Cole family trip.  This one was a day longer than any of the others and I think all of us appreciated the extra time.  We were so glad my sister and husband joined us.  My oldest grandson was greatly missed.  Hopefully, all of us will be able to enjoy the 2015 Cole family trip.

My sister and husband were not here for the final day in Frisco.  They left after their breakfast at the Butterhorn.  The families loaded their cars Friday evening.  We were all up and on the road by 6:30 am Colorado time.  We left last after going through the house to make sure all trash had been removed, windows locked, lights turned off, and no items left.

Our next trip will be in August.  See you then.





No comments:

Post a Comment