Sunday, June 4, 2017

Frisco, 2017 - Trip Home and Final Thoughts

We've been home for several days.  Everybody arrived by 6:30 safe and sound with no complications. Much nicer than the drive out, thank goodness!  I don't relish driving through that kind of weather again.  It took nearly 3 days at home for us to catch up on our sleep and get back on a normal schedule.  It's always sad when a vacation comes to an end—at least when we're having a great time.

I must say I'd been a bit worried about how things would turn out on this trip because we went earlier than ever before.  When I booked the house, I didn't realize that we would be traveling over Memorial Day weekend.  What a ditz!  Nor did I realize there is dead period in the mountains at this time of year.  We were there during this dead period.  We just started hunting to find things that might be going on.  I must admit the activities we chose turned out to be great ones.  Dominic missed 4-wheeling, but I believe he was satisfied with what we did though.  This is the first time that all 11 of us have been to Frisco together since 2011.

The house we stayed in was the best property we've stayed in on our Frisco trips.  The kitchen was extremely well equipped.  The owners had also labeled all the wall switches so one knew exactly where to turn everything on/off.  That was a first and I wish all owners did this.  Also, the check-in and check-out instructions were clear and easy to follow.  I found this house on Home Away for anybody who is interested.

All in all, another terrific family vacation.  I am blessed with a wonderful family.  May we have many more of these vacations in the years to come.

I'm going to add some photos that I didn't use during the actual trip.  Just thought it would be fun to add them at the end.

See you on our next journey.












No comments:

Post a Comment