Wednesday, February 15, 2017

American Queen New Orleans - February, 2017 - Pre trip

James and I are turning 70 this year.  Well, he already has.  He's just so much older than I am.  Hee-hee.  I have wanted to travel on a steamboat on a major river, so I found a short round trip out of New Orleans.  I thought this would be a great way to experience a steamboat.  If all goes well, eventually we could do a longer cruise.

Now, let me backtrack.  In the late 1990's we drove up the east side of the Mississippi from Dubuque, Iowa, to Red Wing, Minnesota.  Most of the trip was in Illinois.  It was a delightful summertime experience.  We were close to the river as we traveled north.  For those of you who enjoy roadtrips, this was an awesome drive.  We traveled in my husband's pride and joy at the time, a 1985 Camaro Iroc-Z.  I do wish that I had kept a diary or written a journal during our early roadtrips.  Little details would be so nice to have now.

Hubby with his IROC-Z

We will be leaving in a few days and I will try to post daily.  We may have some issues with internet reception while we are on the boat.  The forecast is not good.  The couple of days we are traveling on the Mississippi have large rain percentages.  Oh well, I'm going to enjoy the boat and all that goes with it.  Food, shows, watching the river pass by.  Should be for a relaxing vacation. Seems that many of our trips involve rain or rain forecasts.  As usual we'll just go prepared.



No comments:

Post a Comment