Friday, April 8, 2016

Destin - 2016 - Travel Day as well as Clinton Museum

We left Lawrence about 7:40 this morning.  As we traveled down the road, I became very nervous that we would not have enough time to see the Clinton Center and Park as well as I wanted.  Well, so much for being nervous.  We had just the right amount of time.

We checked into the Hampton Inn and Suites in the River Market area of downtown Little Rock about 3.  After a few minor issues, such as somebody already being in the room, things went very well. The car is parked in a secure parking lot which is certainly necessary in this part of Little Rock. This hotel is within walking distance of the Clinton Center.  It was a delightful walk thru the River Market area.  Lots of small boutiques as well as tons of restaurants.  I don't know what to say about the Clinton Center as it was entirely different than any of the other presidential museums we have visited.  Not in a bad way, just different.  You can tell the Clinton had different priorities for what he wanted to share with the public.  I loved the way it was layed out with replicas of his oval office as well as the cabinet room.  He also loved sports and there is currently an exhibit of Olympic Champions.  There is also an exhibit of other sports heros.  I think my favorite thing about the Clinton Center is the park.  There were many places to bike and hike.  It just seemed like it was a place for the people.  I liked it.


 On our walk from the hotel to the Clinton Center.  This is the Clinton Presidential Bridge.  Can only be accessed by pedestrians and bicyclist.

Clinton Museum in the background.

Clinton Museum extends over the Arkansas River.  Such a relaxing place for this museum.


Have a bicyle problem?  Don't worry.  Here is a fixit station.

After a happy hour in our room, we decided to eat at Dizzy's Gypsy Bistro.  This was close to our hotel and #7 restaurant in Little Rock according to Trip Advisor.  I think 7 was a good number.  I had a Brie Platter which was one of their appetizers.  I had this as my meal and it was very good.


This was followed by the Big House Brownie which James and I split.  Both of these items were very good.  

All in all, a good day.









No comments:

Post a Comment