Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fort Collins - 2015 - Shopping Day

Back in Fort Collins.  Today is going to be slower than the last few.  We have a long drive tomorrow so are trying to rest up.  Of course, no better way to do that than to meander through downtown Fort Collins.  There were two or three stores I wanted to visit.  Those stores were all successful stops. We visited the toy store, a spice store, a kitchen supply store, and a Nepal Tibet import store.  I found some items I needed at every store but the toy store.  I did get some terrific ideas at the toy store for my youngest granddaughter's October birthday.  I will now hit the toy store in Lawrence and look for similar items.

One of the big surprises of the day was the Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post cover exhibit at the Fort Collins Museum of Art.  It was delightful.  Rockwell started providing the cover illustrations in 1916 and continued until the end of 1963.


When finished at the exhibit, we headed to Austin's American Grill.  James ordered French onion soup and a delicious cornbread with honey butter.  I chose Beer Cheese soup with 1/2 smoked tuna salad sandwich.  Both were delicious.  We are both hamburger lovers but has been so nice to have a few different things to eat on this trip.

This is the beer cheese soup with smoked tuna salad sandwich.  They serve popcorn with their beer soup.  Not sure why.

After lunch we shopped a little more before heading to Penny and Don's home.  Stopped at Serious Texas Bar-BQ to pick up some ribs for supper.  


Our last happy hour at the Penny and Don's



If you look closely, you can see an oil well nestled between some trees.  This is across from my sister and husband's home.  It does blend into the landscape.

We have a long trip tomorrow.  I will add my final thoughts in a day or two.




No comments:

Post a Comment