Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Frisco, Colorado 2015 - Bicycling Day

Today we decided to rent bikes and ride (or glide) from Vail Pass to Frisco.  This is a 14 mile trek down the mountain.  I was little a bit worried about finding the proper bicycle but the staff at Rebel Sports in downtown Frisco found me the perfect bike.  It was short enough that my toes could touch the ground without leaning to one side.  They explained how to use the brakes and I was ready.  I could tell I would do a better job than when James and I rode bikes in Key West.  Rebel loaded our bikes into a trailer and then delivered us to the pass.  Thank goodness we didn't have to ride up to the pass.  I would still be on my way.

On our way down to Frisco


Checking the water temperature.


Zeke and Mary ready to roll.

We decided to make a stop at Copper Mountain to enjoy a few of the activities that we had missed earlier in the week.  After trying out go-carts, bumper boats, zip line, and more bungee jumping, we headed on into Frisco.  I did discover on the 2nd half of the bike ride, that my gel seat didn't seem as comfortable as the 1st half.  The top half was all brakes and gliding.  The bottom half I had to peddle some.

The crew at Copper Ski Resort.

Seth and Zeke & Jim and Eloise go-carting.


 Mo and Ash go-carting


Seth and Zeke versus Maureen and Mary in bumper boats.


Ash and Jim on the zip line.


Mo and Seth on the zip line.


We had another great day.  I cannot believe how nice the weather has been.  We did have some rain in the late afternoon but that certainly did not hamper the day.  We ended with a great meal which was prepared by the Cole Jr. and Davids.



No comments:

Post a Comment