Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Antioch, Illinois/Door County, Wisconsin--Travel Day to House on the Rock

We are off to Spring Green, Wisconsin, to see The House on the Rock.  About a 4 hour drive.  Of course, it takes us 4 hours and 45 minutes to include a quick lunch at a Subway.

Walked downtown to The Bistro at Liberty Hall for breakfast.  I had checked out the menu in advance and thought I would try the scones which had a good review in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.  I had an English toffee scone with yogurt and fruit on the side.  James chose the All-you-can eat breakfast which he couldn't eat all of it.  Funny, huh?

I have had trouble getting a good photo of my hubby.  This is at The Bistro.


We arrived at The House on the Rock about 3.  There are 3 different sections and we were told that each section takes about an hour.  Because The House closes at 6 we really felt like we would be rushing if we did all 3.  Chose to do sections 2 and 3 which did not include the house.  Actually, it was overwhelming there was so much to see.  It was hard to just take it all in and I don't think I could pick a favorite.  They did have many types of player instruments, i.e. player pianos although there were whole player orchestras.  I do not know how to explain it.  Just an unbelievable place to see.

The next two photos are on the drive into The House on the Rock.



This one is actually in the women's restroom.


I found this on the web.  Many photos from The House on the Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment